Return, Refund and Cancellation Policy
Return and Refund Policy (Notice: these policies are applicable for both online and in-store orders) :
We whole-heartedly put our customers’ interests and satisfactions above anything else and perfectly understand that buying a custom-made order may appear risky to some of you. This is why we want to make sure you feel safe buying from us so we can serve you for many more times in the future. We will try to make this procedure as smooth and pleasant as possible for you.
Almost all of our dresses are custommade or pre-ordered items unless it is specified otherwise on each individual item.
Change of mind
We cannot accept return if you simply change your mind.
The color of the dress does not look like what I’ve seen on the screen.
This is an inevitable issue with online photos, due to the different camera and monitor’s settings, we cannot assure that the color will be 100% like what you see onscreen. But we will always send a photo of your dress out before shipping so you can see how the overall look is like. If you are not happy with the color or anything, please let us know immediately, since once you approve shipping and receive the dress, we will not be able to offer a refund if the color is not what you think it is.
But in case, we send you a wrong dress: a red dress instead of a blue one, we will definitely exchange the dress for you and pay for the return shipping. Please supply a photo evidence of the mistake for us to process the exchange.
The dress doesn’t fit me properly.
- If you choose to have the dress made in standard sizes, we will not be responsible for the dress to fit perfectly, you will need to bring it to your local tailor and get it altered there. Alternatively, we can do a size exchange for you or a store credit but we cannot offer full refund.
- If you choose to have dress made in custom-made sizes and it doesn’t fit properly, please send us photo evidences of the difference in sizes. We would like you to send us photos with the soft measure tape next to it so we can see clearly the difference in sizes. We will also need a photo of you wearing the dress so we know what the issue is. This will help us to make decision on the reimbursement levels of the dress. We reimburse from 10% to 50% of the value of the dress depending on what the issue is.
- Since the dress is custom-made so we won’t be able to accept return, exchange and refund. But we can remake the dress for you in case of serious issue happened after receiving the returned shipment from you. You have to pay for the return shipping but we will pay for the re-shipping charge.
- For the customers who come into our physical workshop for the dress to be made, multiple fittings are required to get the dress made correctly and it is a standard dress making process. Depending on the complexity of the dress, you expect to have from 1 to 4 fittings at most.
Please note that:
- You have 14 working days from the day of your order delivery (according to the shipping provider's record) to notify us of the problem and tell us you wish to bring your order to a tailor by sending us an email at email@example.com
- If the misfit is due to an exaggerate measurement error from you, we will not pay any reimbursement.
- If the required adjustment is not possible, you can return it to us following the "I received a faulty item" procedure below.
I received a faulty item
If upon receipt, you note that the item you purchased is damaged, please take photos of damages and send them to us immediately. You can return it to us and we will, depending on your preference:
- Send you a brand new one.
- Give you a credit for your next order.
Please note that:
- You have 14 working days from the day of your order delivery (according to the shipping provider's record) to notify us of the problem and tell us you wish to return your order by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Items with damages due to wear and tear are not considered faulty. They will not be eligible for a return and a credit.
- All returned items must be in their original condition, packaged the same way it has been received, unwashed and free of wear traces (stains, hair, rips, etc.).
- Jewels, accessories, underwear and sales item cannot be returned.
- You are responsible for shipping your return back to us, so make sure you pack it properly. We recommend that you use and insured and trackable shipping method. We will not be responsible for lost or damaged returns. The return address is:
Attention: Alexandra Sticklen
70 WARRENDER STREET, DARRA.
Phone number: 0425408093
- We cannot refund taxes, duties and shipping charges.
- Returned items will be inspected upon receipt. If they don't satisfy the conditions above, we may have to send it back to you without any compensation.
- Refund will happen within 14 working days after the dress is received.
Cancellation of an order can only happen within 48 hours after the order is placed. After this period, we won’t be able to cancel your order anymore. If you wish to cancel your order, please email us at email@example.com with your order number and “cancellation” in the subject line of the email.
- Refund will happen within 14 working days of stipulated date when refund decision is made by us.
RENTAL AND LATE FEES
Rental period begins when the renter signs the delivery as being in their possession and continues until the item is placed back in the mail.
Where the clothing item has not been returned to us Destiny Chic by the Rental Return Due Date then We shall be entitled to charge additional hire fees until the clothing item is returned to Destiny Chic by way of issuing an invoice to the renter. Such additional charges shall be charged a fixed fee of $30 for each day overdue. – Sundays and public holidays are not charged/included due to post office being closed.
If the renter has not returned the item within 15 days it will be deemed non-returned and Destiny Chic will charge 150% of the full retail price of the item additional to any late fees occurred.
Destiny Chic retained property of the items hired however all risk for the items pass to the renter at time of delivery.
The User accepts full responsibility for the safekeeping of the clothing item.
Destiny Chic offers free damage insurance to the value of one hundred dollars ($100) to cover minor damage or staining. For minor damage and/or staining if Destiny Chic assesses (at its sole discretion) that the cost of repairs will be over one hundred dollars ($100), then the User will be required to pay the difference (e.g. if the repair cost is one hundred and fifty dollars ($150), then Destiny Chic will require the User to pay fifty dollars ($50).
LOST OR STOLEN If the clothing item gets lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair, whether or not such loss, theft, or damage is attributable to any negligence, failure, or omission of the User then the User will be liable to pay for replacement of the item. In assessing the replaceable value, Destiny Chic will take into account, the demand of that dress in the market, the availability to purchase that dress in the market, the condition of the dress, and the rental fee that the User has already made.
If the renter wishes to cancel an order, then they must contact Destiny Chic as soon as possible. Destiny Chic does not offer refunds for cancelled orders, strictly a one use store credit only minus the cancellation fee of $50. To be eligible for any store credit, cancellations must be made 30 days prior to the hire date.
We do not accept change of mind as the reason for cancellation of the order. If you change your mind, then your deposit will be forfeited. We however will consider giving the renter a store credit after evaluating the situation.
Orders cancelled due to COVID-19 are subject to the ordinary cancellation terms however the cancellation fee will be waived and no period of notice for the cancellation is required.